New Jersey Roof Replacement
When you need a new roof for your home, our licensed roofing contractors ensure a durable, attractive result that will hold up for decades.
"*" indicates required fields
A New Roof Installation Company in New Jersey You Can Trust
A new roof is a significant investment, but it's one that is necessary to protect your home and belongings from moisture damage, mold, pests, and drafts. When done properly, your roof can last for decades without worry, and that's why it's absolutely essential to choose a licensed roofing contractor in New Jersey you can trust to do the job right.
Since 2007, Allied Roofing Solutions has provided residential roof replacement services that hold up to the elements and offer the long-lasting durability and attractive appearance you need. With an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and hundreds of 5-star ratings across Google, Angi, and Home Advisor, you can feel confident in choosing our company for your roof installation project.
We understand that getting a new roof can be stressful, which is why we are dedicated to providing you with the best possible customer service, from the moment you schedule a free estimate until the final walkthrough.
Knowing When It's Time for a Complete Roof Replacement
One of the questions we are most often asked is "Do I need a roof repair or a new roof?" While localized roof leaks and areas of damage can often be fixed with a roof repair, there are several signs that your existing roof system should be replaced and it's time for roofing installation instead.
- Visible damage to roofing material, including cracking, curling, discoloration, or missing shingles
- Moss or mold on the roof
- Bare shingles without the protective coating of granules
- Visibly sagging roofline
- Missing or damaged flashing, fascia, or other structural elements of the roof
- A significant roof leak or multiple roof leaks (or evidence of moisture, including water stains on your ceiling or mold in your attic)
- Your asphalt shingle roof is over 20 years old (other types of roofing tend to last longer, such as a tile or metal roof)
- For more information about the longevity of different types of roof shingles, please refer to our comprehensive guide on shingle lifespan titled, “How Long Do Roof Shingles Last?”
Why Choose Our Residential Roof Installation Company?
At Allied Roofing Solutions, we understand you have a lot of choices when it comes to choosing a company for roof installation services. So, what sets us apart?
- Proudly serving Eastern New Jersey since 2007
- A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau
- Home Advisor Top Rated roofing contractor
- Home Advisor Elite Service rating
- Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor
- Lifetime warranty on shingles
Also, we are dedicated to providing the best possible customer service so you can have an affordable, hassle-free experience.
- Complete most roofing projects in just 2-3 days (without cutting corners!)
- Use the highest-rated roofing materials with the Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Lifetime Warranty on shingles and other materials as well as workmanship
- 0% financing for 24 months
- Recognizing the importance of cost in the decision-making process, we are sharing our updated 2023 New Jersey Roof Replacement Cost Guide.
Our Multi-Step Roof Replacement Installation Process
We are committed to making sure your new roof system will hold up to the elements, provide utmost moisture protection, and even improve your home's appearance. To ensure this happens, we start every roofing project by tearing off the existing shingles and removing the old roof down to the wooden structure. Then we begin installing the new roof system using a six-step process that is built from the bottom up.
Residential Roofing Materials
Your roof is only as strong as the roofing material we use. That's why every roof system is installed using the highest quality roofing components to ensure a long life of unbeatable durability.
Learn About Our Roof Installation Materials
Companies life GAF and CertainTeed manufacture high-quality asphalt roofing shingles in a wide variety of styles and colors for residential homes. Asphalt shingles are the most commonly used residential roofing products currently. There are three major categories of roofing shingles which include strip roofing shingles, dimensional roofing shingles, and premium roofing shingles.
Dimensional roofing shingles are usually heavier in weight than strip roofing shingles and have two-plus layers giving them a three-dimensional look. They are manufactured as dual-layered or multi-layered products for better quality and appearance. CertainTeed manufactures the Landmark® Series Roofing Shingle for their dimensional roofing shingle. GAF makes the Timberline Natural Shadow Charcoal Lifetime Architectural Shingles.
Premium roofing shingles are typically twice the weight and provide enhanced protection as well as aesthetics with their increased design element. CertainTeed manufactures Grand Manor®, Presidential Shake® TL, and Carriage House®. GAF has what they call GAF Designer Lifetime Roofing Shingles.
Roof underlayments are designed for roof decks as a water-resistant layer beneath the roofing shingles. CertainTeed manufactures felt underlayments ShingleFelt® 30 and a fiber glass-reinforced felt underlayment Roofers’ Select®. They also make a high performance synthetic underlayment called DiamondDeck®. Waterproofing shingle underlayments prevent leaks caused by ice dams or wind-driven rain in vulnerable areas. CertainTeed manufactures the product WinterGuard® as well for harsher weather.
Starter Roof Shingles
Starter shingles save time when a new roof is being installed. They are designed to start a new row of shingles and work with different styles of shingles for consistent appearance and performance. CertainTeed manufactures starter shingles like Swiftstart® to be used with the Landmark® series and High-Performance Starter to be used with Grand Manor®, Highland Slate®, and Hatteras® shingles.
Proper attic ventilation allows a continuous flow of outside air to pass through the attic which provides for a cooler attic in the summer and dryer attic in the winter. It’s a balanced system between air intake (at your eaves or soffits) and air exhaust (usually at the ridge of the roof). CertainTeed offers Ridge Vent, Rolled Ridge Vent, Static Vents, and Intake Vent products for attic ventilation.
Hip & Ridge Shingles
Accessory shingles are used to finish the hips and ridges of the roof and have the same warranty as the shingles. There are many options designed to complement the appearance of shingles and provide the same level of protection and durability. CertainTeed manufactures hip and ridge accessories called ShadowRidge® and Mountain Ridge®.
New Jersey Residential Roofing Installation Service Areas
We are proud to offer comprehensive roofing and home exterior repair services, including siding and gutter installation. Our licensed roofing contractors serve the following New Jersey counties including Bergen, Morris, Passaic, Middlesex, Essex, Hudson, Somerset, Ocean, Warren, and Monmouth.
Frequently Asked Questions about Total Roof Replacement/ New Roofs
How Do I Know If I Need a New Roof?
Several signs can indicate that you need a new roof:
- Visible leaks
- Interior water damage
- Cracked shingles
- Damaged or curled shingles
- Loose or missing shingles
- Damage or discoloration around vents
- Missing granules on shingles
- Moss or algae growth
- Damage around chimneys or skylights
- Dipping or sagging roofline
How Do I Choose the Right Roofing Contractor?
Choosing the right roofing contractor is one of the most important decisions in getting the best roof possible.
Here are some things to find out when interviewing and obtaining a quote from a roofing company:
- How long have they been in business?
- Be sure they have the proper license and insurance
- Check on their past work through former customers
- Get several estimates
- What happens if I’m unsatisfied with the work?
- Get financing agreements in writing
- Will they tear off my old roof?
- Are they an authorized installer?
- What type of warranty do they offer?
What Causes a Roof to Fail Prematurely?
If your roof wasn’t installed correctly, has missing flashings, or hasn’t been maintained, it more than likely will fail to perform before it should. The primary reason a roof may fail prematurely is due to poor maintenance. Intentionally maintaining your roof by checking to see if there are broken tiles, if sealants have cracked or dried out, and other issues will allow you to see and address issues before they are serious threats.
How Often Does a Roof Need to be Replaced?
If a roof has been installed correctly with durable high-quality materials, it is not improbable for it to last from 20 – 30 years or even longer. The type of shingles and materials used are also factors in how long a roof will last. For example, asphalt shingles can last 15 – 30 years, wood shingles can last 20 – 25 years, rubber roofs can last 30 – 50 years, and metal roofs can last 50 – 75 years. Read our Comprehensive Guide on Shingle Lifespan to learn about the different types of roof shingles and how long each one should last on your home.
What New Roofing Options Do I Have?
In terms of materials available for a new roof, here are some of the most common:
- Asphalt, Composition Shingle – This is a long-lasting and relatively inexpensive option. These shingles are available in dimensional shingles that look like clay tiles or shake shingles.
- Metal – A metal roof is lightweight and can be installed over an old asphalt shingle roof. Very long-lasting at 50 – 100 years.
- Built-Up Roofs, Rubber or Modified Bitumen – One of the only roof systems designed for flat or low-slope roofs.
- Clay – This is a green option that goes well with many home styles. Very durable and can last 50 years or more.
How Much Does a New Roof Cost?
The actual cost of getting a new roof depends on several factors:
- Size of the roof
- Pitch of the roof
- Type of materials used – asphalt, wood shake, synthetic materials, metal, or tile
- Roof preparation and finish materials
- Labor cost per square or square foot
- Cost to tear off current roof and disposal
We understand that cost plays a significant role in your decision-making process, and that’s why we’re sharing our updated New Jersey Roof Replacement Cost Guide for 2023.
What Is the Best Time to Replace a Roof?
Most any time of the year is OK to replace your roof. However, that being said, choosing a time when the weather is good and the temperature is not too hot or too cold is beneficial for getting the project completed sooner. Delays due to rain, ice, or snow can add up in the winter and prolong the completion. Even though spring and fall may offer the best weather, these seasons tend to be the busiest for roofing contractors so bear that in mind when scheduling the project.
What Roofing Material Should I Use?
Reviewing roofing materials is one of the priorities when getting your roof replaced. Some of the primary considerations are weather resistance, roof pitch, durability, and cost.
Here is a list of the six of the best roofing materials:
- Asphalt shingles
- Wood shingles
- Clay tile
- TPO roofing for flat roofs
What Do I Need to Do to Prepare for New Roof Installation?
Here are some practical tips in preparing for a new roof installation:
- Relocate vehicles
- Remove wall hangings that may be affected by vibrations
- Clear your yard
- Move patio and deck furniture away
- Protect belongings in the attic
- Remove satellite dishes and antennas
- Locate accessible power outlets for the contractors
- Prune trees and cover bushes, plants, and shrubs that are close to the house
- Prepare children for the disruption or let them stay with friends and family during the roof replacement
What Is a Roof Warranty?
Warranties may cover materials and some will cover installation by guaranteeing the roofer’s work for a limited amount of time. Typical warranties are often limited in what they cover and conditions may apply. Here are the 3 common warranties:
- Manufacturers’ Warranties – Most roof installations are covered by manufacturers’ or product warranties. These warranties guarantee the materials against defects or failures for the lifespan of the materials. The warranty can be voided if the materials are installed or maintained properly. You can get this information from the roofer or from the manufacturer’s website. Allied Roofing Solutions is an Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor. This status means that you get a Lifetime Warranty on shingles and other materials as well as workmanship. Only clients who have Platinum Preferred contractors install, repair, or replace their roofs are eligible for this coverage, meaning that as a customer of Allied Roofing Solutions you, too, get to take part in this unparalleled protection for your home.
- Installation and Contractor Warranties – These warranties are provided by the roofer and usually offer more protection than the standard manufacturer’s warranty. This warranty is on the workmanship of the contractor. They can vary depending on the type of warranty and who is issuing it. You should ask the roofing company to put this warranty into your contract, clearly stating what is and what isn’t covered in the warranty.
- Extended Manufacturer Warranties – Leading manufacturers offer optional extended warranty coverage on new roofs installed by authorized contractors who are certified to install the roofing system according to the manufacturer’s installation requirements.
Request a Free Estimate from our Roofing Company
If you are in need of a new roof or would like to have a roof inspection completed to determine the condition of your roof, we can help. Simply call (201) 773-0633 or fill out our form below.
"*" indicates required fields