Asphalt Shingle Roofs in New Jersey
Our fully licensed and insured roofing contractor installs and repairs asphalt shingle roofs in Northern, Eastern, and Western New Jersey.
Please contact us today for a Free Estimate. Simply fill out this form and we will get back to you shortly.
At Allied Roofing Solutions, we specialize in all roof types, including wood shake, slate tiles, and flat roofing, but the overwhelming majority of the roofs we install are asphalt shingle roofs. If your current roof is getting old, you've noticed damage, or there are leaks, it may be time to consider a total roof replacement, but should you choose asphalt shingles? Regardless of the type of roofing system you choose, we will make sure you have a durable, long-lasting roof that protects your home and improves its beauty and value for decades to come. With hundreds of 5-star reviews and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, your home is in good hands with our experienced, dedicated team.
What Is an Asphalt Shingle Roof?
Asphalt shingle roofing is the most common type of residential roof system in the United States because it is an affordable, fire-resistant roof material that is easier to install and repair than other roofing materials. While they're called asphalt, the shingles themselves will either be fiberglass or, if they are organic shingles, they will have a cellulose base. Then, the base is covered in an asphalt layer followed by a coating of ceramic granules to add additional protection.
Types of Asphalt Shingles
There are three main shingle types to choose from
- Three-tab shingles are the most affordable option, but they are also the simplest. They get their name from the three tabs on each strip and lay flat against the roof.
- Dimensional shingles have a more random pattern and a layered look that mimics wood shakes. Also called architectural shingles or laminate shingles, they're a bit more durable and have a more attractive appearance than tab asphalt shingles.
- Luxury shingles, or premium shingles, are larger than other types and have a much longer warranty. Designed to look like slate tiles, this is a beautiful option that can improve your home's curb appeal, but they are significantly more expensive than standard architectural shingles.
Allied Roofing Solutions carries asphalt shingles from the leading shingle manufacturers and will help you choose the right option for your roofing project. We carry all types of asphalt shingles, whether you prefer the cost-effective tab shingles, the attractive appearance, and durability of architectural roof shingles, or the aesthetically pleasing appearance of designer shingles.
Are Asphalt Roofing Shingles Right for Your Home?
Asphalt roof shingles are the most popular roofing material for a reason. They offer homeowners a wide variety of benefits, including:
- Lower cost per square foot than any other roofing material, including metal, wood, and clay.
- Roof shingles can be replaced if they have been damaged without replacing the entire roof.
- Asphalt shingles are available in a wide variety of colors as well as styles to complement your home.
- Most asphalt roofs last around 20 years when installed properly, though premium shingles can last longer.
Why Choose Allied Roofing Solutions for Your New Shingle Roof
Since 2007, our roofing company has proudly served Eastern New Jersey, providing all types of roofing services. Because we are dedicated to ensuring the highest level of workmanship and customer service, we strive to offer an affordable, hassle-free experience to homeowners.
- Most roof replacements are completed in just two or three days, from tearing off the old roof to cleaning up and doing the final walk-through.
- We offer 0% financing for up to 24 months so you can get the asphalt roof you want at a price you can afford.
- Our company is fully licensed and insured, so you can feel confident that your property is protected and that our work will be done right.
We also offer several distinctions so you can feel confident in choosing our roofing company:
- 100s of 5-star ratings on Google, Home Advisor, and Angi
- A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau
- Home Advisor Top Rated roofing contractor
- Home Advisor Elite Service rating
- Owens Corning approved contractor
- Lifetime warranty on shingles and workmanship
Our Roofing Service Areas
Our licensed roofing contractors serve Pennsylvania and the following New Jersey counties:
Our Asphalt Roof Replacement Process
To ensure longevity and durability, we follow a comprehensive, multi-step installation process for your asphalt shingle roof, starting with a full removal of the old shingles and underlayment. From there, we fully inspect the roof deck to determine if any repairs or restoration are needed, then we complete several steps to install your roof:
- Installing a new, water-resistant underlayment that is particularly effective against ice dams and blowing rain or snow.
- Adding roof deck protection to facilitate venting moisture from the attic while adding extra resistance to incoming water.
- Start strip shingles improve the appearance of the roof while improving the wind resistance of the roofing system.
- Installing your choice of high-quality roof shingles to offer the highest level of wind and moisture resistance.
- Adding Cobra attic ventilation to make your home more energy-efficient while reducing moisture to increase the longevity of your roof's life span.
- Installing hip and ridge asphalt shingles to stop water from infiltrating the roof.
Frequently Asked Questions About Asphalt Roofs
How Long Do Shingle Roofs Last?
While three tab asphalt shingles typically last around 20 years, the higher end luxury or architectural shingles can last longer, barring damage from storms or harsh conditions.
Do you Offer a Warranty for your Shingles?
Yes. Because we’ve earned the designation as an Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor, we offer a Lifetime Warranty on shingles and other materials as well as workmanship.
How Long Does It Take to Remove an Old Roof and Install a New Roof?
Typically, we can remove the old roofing and install your replacement asphalt shingle roof in just two or three days.
Can a New Asphalt Shingle Roof Go Over Old Roofing Shingles?
While reroofing is possible in some cases, we don’t recommend it. Installing a new asphalt shingle over the old can make the roof harder to repair and inspect and can even void the shingle manufacturers’ warranty.
How Much Does an Asphalt Roof Replacement Cost?
The shingle installation price per square foot varies depending on the type of roofing you choose as well as the roof pitch and size of your home.
Should I Choose Fiberglass Shingles or Organic Shingles
Organic shingles have more asphalt, so they tend to be more durable than fiberglass, especially in cold climates. However, fiberglass asphalt shingles tend to be more resistant to fire.
Can a Roof Project be Financed?
Yes! 0% financing is available for 24 months
Schedule a Free Estimate for an Asphalt Shingle Roof
If you would like to replace your old roof system with new asphalt shingles, need a roof repair, or want to learn more about the condition of your roofing with an inspection, we can help. Schedule a free estimate today by calling 201-773-0633 or fill out the form below to get started.