Metal Roofing In New Jersey
Our A+ rated roofing contractor provides metal roofing installation in for homes in Northern, Eastern, and Western New Jersey.
Please contact us today for a Free Estimate. Simply fill out this form and we will get back to you shortly.
Metal Roofs from a Roofing Contractor You Can Trust
When you want a highly durable roof that protects your home for decades while improving your home's beauty and value, consider metal roofing installation from Allied Roofing Solutions. We install metal roofs that withstand the harshest conditions while providing an affordable, hassle-free service. With hundreds of 5-star ratings and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, you can feel confident in trusting your home to our experienced roofing company.
Understanding Metal Roofs
A metal roof is simply a roofing system created by installing panels or tiles. Traditionally, metal roofing panels were primarily used for commercial structures and agricultural buildings, but innovations in design and materials now make them an excellent option for homes due to their attractive appearance and incredible durability.
Types of Metal Roofs
Whether you have a contemporary-styled home, a craftsman, or a mid-century home, we can help you choose the right type of metal roof to suit your style.
Standing Seam Roofing
Standing seam metal roofing is the most recognizable option, designed with interlocking seams connecting vertical metal panels and attached to the roofing system using concealed fasteners.
In addition to having an attractive appearance, it offers two key benefits:
- Because there are no exposed fasteners or other hardware, there's less risk of damage to these elements due to exposure.
- Standing seam systems are able to expand and contract with temperature changes, ensuring they maintain their tight seal and water resistance.
While standing seam roofs have fasteners on the inside, metal roofing with exposed fasteners means that the roof panels overlap and are installed directly on the roof deck. The two key benefits of this type of system are:
- It's the most affordable option for a metal roof.
- Roof repairs are easily completed by simply replacing a single panel if needed.
Metal Shingles and Tiles
When you want a more traditional appearance as well as a more durable alternative to asphalt shingles, interlocking metal shingles are now available and take on the look of shake, clay tile, or even slate. This type of specialty roofing offers the following benefits:
- A more traditional look for homes compared to standing seam panels.
- Excellent resistance to hail and other damage.
Metal Roofing Materials
Metal roofing is also available in several materials:
- Aluminum roofing is lightweight and doesn't corrode, though it's used less often in residential roofing systems.
- A copper roof creates a striking and unique appearance, especially as it ages and develops a gorgeous patina. While it's a durable material that is very resistant to corrosion, it is much more expensive and often used as an accent for a gable trim or other feature rather than for the entire roof.
- Stainless steel roofing is the most common metal roofing material, offering minimal maintenance, longevity, and durability at a more affordable price. Made from galvanized steel panels, this heavy material is designed to survive high winds, resist pests and moisture, and has the best fire rating available.
- Zinc roofing is similar to copper in that it develops a patina over time and is highly resistant to corrosion and rust. However, also like copper, it's very expensive and often used as an accent rather than for the whole roof.
Why Metal Roofing is Growing in Popularity
It's no surprise that more homeowners are choosing metal roofing over asphalt shingles and other materials. Consider the many benefits it offers:
The average metal roof will last a minimum of 30 years, but it's very common for them to last 50 years or longer.
When properly installed by a roofing professional, a traditional metal roof will withstand wind up to 140 miles per hour, resists impact from falling objects (such as hail stones or tree branches), and will not corrode, crack, or rust.
Metal roofing provides excellent insulation in winter months, preventing heat from escaping your home, but in hot weather, it can reflect heat and the sun's rays, resulting in energy savings of up to 40 percent.
Steel can be recycled over and over without breaking down or losing any of its benefits, and the majority of metal roofing is made from recycled materials. Also, its long life means it can hold up longer than two or even three asphalt shingle roofs, and when it is time to replace it, the metal roof can be recycled again.
Having a high-quality roof on your home can increase the resale value by making it more appealing to home buyers due to its longevity and minimal maintenance.
Metal roofing will not catch fire if sparks land on it or if lightning strikes.
Why Choose Allied Roofing Solutions for Your Metal Roof Installation
Since 2007, homeowners across Bergen County, New Jersey, and the surrounding area have relied on Allied Roofing Solutions for their metal roofing installation projects. Our roofing contractor is fully licensed and insured, and we have an experienced team who is dedicated to providing the highest level of workmanship and customer service.
How do we do this? We complete most roofing projects in just two or three days (without cutting corners!). We also offer 100% financing with 0% interest, so you can get the roof you need at a price you can afford.
Why choose us over other roofing companies?
- Hundreds of 5-star ratings on Google, Angi, and Home Advisor
- A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau
- Home Advisor Top Rated roofing contractor
- Home Advisor Elite Service rating
Frequently Asked Questions About Metal Roofing
How Much Does a Metal Roof Cost?
There are several factors that affect the metal roofing cost, including the material used and the square footage of the roof. However, we provide a free estimate and financing options so you know what to expect.
Is a Metal Roof More Expensive than Shingles?
Yes, while metal roofing prices vary, overall, the upfront cost is higher. However, because it lasts up to three times longer, is less likely to require repairs and maintenance, and reduces your energy costs, many homeowners find the long-term costs are much less.
Can You Install Metal Roofing Over Existing Shingles?
Typically, we can place metal roof panels over your existing roof, though we will need to look at whether there are structural issues or any rotting of the rafters or roof deck. If there are issues like that, we may not be able to install the new roof over the old roof.
Request a Free Quote for Metal Roofing in New Jersey
If you are ready for a roof replacement and would like to learn whether a metal roof is right for you, request a free estimate with Allied Roofing Solutions today! Call us at 201-773-0633 or fill out our contact form below to get started.